Recently we’ve moved away from large, formal updates to a continuous release cycle; small, frequent updates are made to Bloomerang that improve speed, reliability and user experience – albeit with little fanfare.
We wanted to give you a rundown of the changes that have been going on in Bloomerang that have been more “behind the scenes.” There’s nothing very glamorous here, but in the interest of transparency, here is the changelog from Q1 of 2014:
- Automated Build Process
- Additional Report Server
- Backend for Bloomerang support (reset user passwords, better license tracking for customers)
- De-duplication process updated for conversions
- Transaction Note filter
- Removed session state (laying groundwork for multiple hosting centers)
- Report engine overhaul (can process millions of rows on reports in a few minutes)
- Report column for “Transaction Number”
- Report column for “All Phone Numbers”
- Allow interaction records to accept custom fields over API
Defects that were fixed:
- API issue with partner creating emails
- Encoding issues with conversion utility
- Allow non-admin users to change passwords
- Copying letter with Giving History Filter didn’t copy that filter’s parameters
- Attached acknowledgement interactions do not display on recurring donation payments
- API Constituent Search looks for each word (fixed to search the entire phrase)
- Two memory leak fixes
- Integration with Fundly error on primary phone.
We’ll be sharing more update information here at regular intervals.