It’s no secret that effective donor communications is the secret to higher donor retention rates – but what makes for effective donor communications?
Segmenting your emails, newsletters and acknowledgement letters are a great way to customize and individualize your messaging to donors. But are most nonprofits doing this?
We recently conducted a survey with our friends over at Nonprofit Marketing Guide to see how nonprofits are (if at all) segmenting their online and offline communications. You can view the results in the infographic below:
How are you segmenting your lists? Let us know in the comments below!
Survey Findings At-A-Glance
- Most nonprofits either have robust segmenting practices or none at all
- Donation amount and action history are the most common segmenting methods
- A lack of knowledge, data and technological ability most commonly prevent segmenting
- 6 multiple choice questions delivered via email to SurveyMonkey
- Data collected between March 19, 2014 and April 9th, 2014
- 425 respondents, most with budgets less than $5 million
You can download a full .pdf version of the infographic here >>