Our friends at DonorTrends have created an infographic based on the findings of the Fundraising Effectiveness Project and the Growth In Giving Initiative’s 2016 National Fundraising Fitness Statistics (NFFS) test.
The study looked at the giving levels and retention rates by gift size of 6,314 organizations – all with an average revenue of between $5k and $10 million.
- 88% of revenue came from gifts of $1000 or more
- 12% of revenue came from gifts under $1000
- Donor retention is significantly higher for larger gifts
- 55% for gifts of $5,000 or more (first time donor)
- 21% for gifts under $100 (first time donor)
- 73% for gifts of $5,000 or more (repeat donor)
- 49% for gifts under $100 (repeat donor)
You can see the full results in the infographic below:
The Fundraising Effectiveness Project and the Growth In Giving Initiative Data providers have made their Fundraising Fitness Test available for free to any organization. You can find it on the “Tools” section of the FEP website.
How does your organization compare? Are you tracking these metrics? Let us know in the comments below.