Have a Bloomerang expert speak at your next event!
We love traveling to conferences, but we especially love speaking at conferences! We’re available to share our knowledge (at no charge) during your keynote or in one of your educational breakout sessions. It’s all a part of our mission to improve donor retention in the nonprofit world.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. When speaking, we participate only people if color, gender expressions, sexual preferences, and other often under-represented identities compose at least 50% of the roster.
Featured Presentations by Jay Love
The Current State of Donor Retention And What You Can Do About It
If you’re a nonprofit development professional, you’ve likely heard the term “donor retention.” It’s one of the hottest topics of discussion in the nonprofit sector. But what is donor retention? And why is it important?
This session explores the root causes of poor donor retention rates, as well as the reasons why donors stay loyal. You’ll come away with several ideas for improvement based on leading research in the field.
- Explore current research on donor loyalty and retention
- Understand how an increase or decrease in retention can impact your bottom line
- Learn new donor communications techniques that keep donors giving to your organization
Maximizing the Lifetime Value of Your Donors for Fundraising Success
Within your donor database lies untold lifetime value. Unfortunately, many nonprofits fail to properly nurture and steward their donors, and are content with high acquisition and high churn.
Why let this enormous asset go underutilized?
In this session, we will cover the tenets of effective database management, no matter what program or vendor you use. We will show examples of best practices in data management, communication segmenting, engagement tracking and reporting in order to help your team work smarter, not harder.
- Be familiar with data management techniques that maximize the capabilities of your database and increase productivity
- Understand segmenting strategies lead to higher response rates from your donor communications
- Learn how to generate meaningful reports that will impact your internal procedures
Major Gift Fundraising for Small Shops
Major gift philanthropy plays a highly significant role in the nonprofit sector worldwide. But what are the indicators small shops should focus on for the long-term health of their major gifts program?
In this session, we will dive into the groundbreaking research on major gift fundraising conducted by Adrian Sargeant PhD – Professor of Fundraising and Director at the Centre for Sustainable Philanthropy Plymouth Business School – and leading fundraising expert Amy Eisenstein, ACFRE.
This research contains survey data collected from hundreds of nonprofits, and illuminates their experience with major gifts. No matter the size of your organization, you will come away with additional insights.
- Discover how your major gift efforts compare with other nonprofits
- Learn the critical success factors that lead to major gift success
- Uncover 10 key recommendations for how revenue from major gift donors might best be developed
Featured Presentations by Steven Shattuck
The Importance of Retaining First-Time Donors (And How To Do It)
Fundraisers spend a lot of time acquiring new donors, and with good cause. However, in order to create a long-lasting relationship, the most critical gift isn’t the first; it’s the second.
In this session, we will make the case for why development professionals should concentrate on acquiring a donor’s second gift in order to achieve sustainable funding, high donor retention rates and high donor lifetime values.
You’ll see examples that can be implemented by any organization, whether you are a one-person shop or a large development department. The results can be astounding when put into daily use!
- Explore current research on donor loyalty and retention
- Understand the importance of donor lifetime value
- Learn new donor communications techniques that get the second gift
The Art and Science of Retaining Digital Donors
Retention is your most important fundraising strategy, and your online donors are seriously at risk. Among all your donors, they are the least likely to renew their gifts – unless you take specific, creative steps to engage and thank them.
This session will help you discover how to maximize the retention rates of your digital donors. We will examine the attributes of online donors, and outline the retention strategies that work best for this slice of your donor database.
- Understand what makes online donors tick (their habits, patterns, likes and dislikes)
- Learn how to formulate a retention strategy for online donors
- Understand best practices in digital communications, including email gift acknowledgement and social media content.
The Hidden Power of Donor Surveys
As fundraisers, we sometimes suffer from a lack of curiosity about our donors. So many of our donations are from people who we know very little about. And even our longest-running donor relationships continue despite not knowing how they feel about the relationship.
The good news is that research shows that donors actually like it when we ask them questions about themselves and how they feel about our organization. Knowing that information can also be invaluable in guiding our donor communication efforts.
Whether you’re just now discovering the power of donor surveys, or you’re looking to up your game, this session is for you!
- Why you should send surveys
- Which donors you should send surveys to
- What surveys should ask
- What to do with the information you receive from surveys
Nonprofit Videos (on a Budget) that Engage and Retain Donors
Up until recently, high-quality video production has been a luxury available only to the largest nonprofits. Now, even the smallest charity on a budget can create a compelling and authentic video that moves the needle for their fundraising goals.
In this session, we will make recommendations for crafting an effective, integrated and low-cost video strategy resulting in content that will resonate with your donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
At the conclusion of this session participants will:
- Discover how to create an in-depth strategy based on your nonprofit’s diverse audiences
- Determine which equipment and technology is best for your organization’s needs
- Learn how to solicit and leverage crowdsourced content
- Understand how to best utilize web video platforms and social networks like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram and Vine for distributing content
Diamonds in the Rough – Finding The Hidden Gems In Your Donor Database
Let’s face it: prospect research is difficult. Those who have mastered it are truly artists, but not every nonprofit has access to a dedicated professional. For those wearing multiple hats, wealth screening tools, social media, and good-old-fashioned Google searches can only get you so far. Even if you do find a rich stranger in your area, there’s no guarantee that they’ll drop a million bucks in your lap.
In this session, we’ll explore prospect research strategies that build deeper, more meaningful relationships with donors. Participants will learn engagement strategies that enhance existing relationships, as well as uncover those with a propensity to give to your organization for the first time.
- How to get to know the donors you already have (and why you should want to)
- What donors actually want from you
- What factors signal a likelihood that a donor will give to your organization
- How to find prospective donors that are right under your noses
- How to leverage current donors to acquire new donors
- Strategies for re-activating lapsed donors