This workshop will provide participants with the tools and strategies needed to build effective relationships with their organization’s board of directors. Attendees will learn how to communicate effectively with board members, understand the roles and responsibilities of the board, and identify key opportunities for engagement.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
• Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the board of directors
• Building trust and credibility with board members
• Communicating effectively with the board
• Identifying and leveraging opportunities for engagement
• Managing conflicts and disagreements with the board
• Building a strong relationship with the board chair
• Navigating the board-staff relationship
Speaker Sabrina Walker Hernandez
Sabrina is a certified consultant, coach, facilitator, & bestselling author that helps nonprofits and small businesses build relationships that increase revenue. She has over 25 years of experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, and leadership. Among Sabrina’s successes is that she increased operation revenue from $750K to $2.5M and completed a $12M comprehensive capital campaign in the 3rd poorest county in the United States. She has facilitated numerous workshops with hundreds of nonprofit and business professionals. Sabrina is certified in Nonprofit Management by Harvard Business School. She is an active community leader and volunteer in Edinburg, Texas where she is based.