During this lively fast-paced webinar, learn the ins and outs of thanking your donors, both what the law requires and what is simply best practice for keeping donors happy!   Common questions people have include:
• Do you struggle to understand when you are required to send a thank you letter/email to a donor and what is supposed to be stated in the letter/email?
• What about an in-kind donation or a ticket sale to a fundraising event? What goes on thank you letters for those types of gifts?
• What if you give the donor something in return for their gift like a meal, a shirt, or a coffee mug? Does that change what goes on the letter/email? And how do you place a value on this stuff?
Join National Nonprofit QuickBooks trainer Gregg S. Bossen CPA, as he guides you through exactly what the law requires of you when thanking donors.   Learning Objectives:
• Understand when thank you letters are legally required to be given to donors
• The 5 things that must be included on donor thank you acknowledgments
• Determine the amount a donor can consider a “tax-deductible gift” when they receive something back
• How to create these letters in Bloomerang
Speaker Gregg Bossen
Since 2000, QuickBooks® Made Easy™ has been teaching QuickBooks® seminars around the country for various groups, conducting webinars, providing technical support to hundreds of clients, one-one-one consulting, and offering industry-specific streamable training. Our leader and primary trainer Gregg S. Bossen, CPA is not only an expert in the program, but he is the nation’s leading expert when it comes to Nonprofits that use QuickBooks®. Gregg’s teaching style is funny and entertaining, and his energy and knowledge of Nonprofits make his classes a unique experience. Gregg has taught new users as well as other CPAs, who are themselves considered experts in the software. In total, we have taught over 4,000 seminars to more than 60,000 students. We currently teach for over 30 Nonprofit State Associations, as well as annually at Scaling New Heights, QuickBooks Connect, Grant Station, and TechSoup.
Host Margie Worrell
Margie Worrell is the Curriculum Manager at Bloomerang. She serves on the board of the Peace Learning Center in Indianapolis, and has worked extensively with nonprofits as both a staff member and a lead volunteer. Her passions include education, theatre, her two grown children and her two small dogs.