CEOs get the board they deserve! Harsh, but true. Boards are about heavy lifting, yet many board members can be characterized as the opposite. Dealing with that key dilemma is central to this webinar. You will also learn how to assess board member contributions, the three stages of board and organizational growth, and determine your board’s singular charism. If time permits, we will also discuss how to think about “gifts of significance” from board members.   Learning Objectives:
• Learn the three stages of board/organizational growth: organizing, governing and institutionalization.
• Tell the difference between light and heavy board lifters.
• Assess the main charism of their current board and determine what board they seek.
• Create the change they seek in their board by using the techniques we’ll discuss.
• If time permits, participants will also learn how to think about “gifts of significance” from board members.
Access the slides on this page.
Kate Kramer has over 15 years of development and marketing experience. As the Partner Marketing Manager at Bloomerang, she continues to support organizations that are mission-driven and that positively impact the world. In her previous role as Foundation Manager for the VRMC Foundation, she managed the annual giving programs, including special events and mailing appeals, assisted and oversaw the annual budget and marketing plans, and managed a major gift donor portfolio of over 150 donors.