Why Bloomerang Exists
Since our founding in 2012, Bloomerang’s vision has been to empower fundraisers to do what they love and build a world inspired by giving.
Our dedication to your success goes beyond the mere feature set of our software. We work with top-tier thought leaders in philanthropy to incorporate and teach best practices for building effective relationships with donors, so all you have to do is focus on your passions and be ready to share your vision. We’ll help you make sure it lands and produces results.
Everything we do is centered around our mission: Make fundraising easier. Foster authentic donor relationships. Create thriving nonprofits.
We believe in the value of life with a mission, and we applaud the choices nonprofit organizations make to improve the world.
We exist because they exist. We take great pleasure in creating tools and teaching principles that help passionate nonprofit organizations make smart decisions that are proven to help them reach out, grow and thrive.
- Empathy. We lead by understanding those who change the world—our customers and each other—so we can imagine the best ways to change it together.
- Unity. By bringing our different skills and perspectives together, we create the conditions to achieve our mission and realize our vision.
- Equity. We’re a team, but each of us needs different things to reach our full potential and feel like we belong.
- Stewardship. We commit to being a multiplier of good with the funds entrusted to us.
- Innovation. We’re always looking for better solutions—for nonprofits and for ourselves.
- Transparency. We can’t live these values, or learn from setbacks, unless we’re open and honest in everything we do.
You may receive emails, chats, and in-app notifications from Blossom the orangutan, the official mascot of Bloomerang.
Why did we choose an orangutan? Orangutans embody many of the characteristics that we aspire too. They’re smart, compassionate, and resourceful — just like fundraisers.
They’re also philanthropic. A 2008 study of two orangutans at the Leipzig Zoo showed orangutans exhibit “calculated reciprocity,” which involves weighing the costs and benefits of gift exchanges and keeping track of these over time. Orangutans are the first nonhuman species documented to do so.
Bloomerang + Kindful
In January of 2021, Bloomerang announced that it acquired Kindful. The combination of advanced donor engagement insights provided by Bloomerang and Kindful’s strengths in online giving and integrated applications helped to accelerate Bloomerang’s vision to deliver the donor management and fundraising platform of the future. The combination of these two strengths means that Bloomerang now offers nonprofits the opportunity to deploy a modern, easy-to-use fundraising and donor management platform that supports the complete donor lifecycle and seamlessly integrates with the broader nonprofit application ecosystem. Together, the combined company will support tens of thousands of nonprofit professionals globally and is backed by a team of 200 employees who are passionate about delivering great service and support.