Features of Bloomerang – Built by fundraising experts.
Retain more donors. Communicate more effectively. Find more major gift prospects. Know how your donors feel about you. Report on the metrics that matter.
Bloomerang’s powerful donor management software combines the knowledge of world-renowned fundraising professor Adrian Sargeant, communications best practices of author and speaker Tom Ahern, digital marketing insights from trusted thought-leader Kivi Leroux Miller, and the technical expertise of industry veteran Jay Love.
We focus on functionality that will truly move the needle for your organization, and do not mess around with superficial bells and whistles that look good on paper, but ultimately distract from what you need to succeed.
The results speak for themselves.
Review your donor retention rate and view suggestions for improvement, and take a quick look at incoming donations for the week, month, and year. Check in on your current campaign’s success, build and knock out that “to-do” list, and access recent reports and accounts with one click.
Giving Summary w/ Engagement Level & Generosity Score™
Get an at-a-glance view of constituent’s past giving to your organization, as well as their current engagement level and generosity score. Engagement is based on past interactions with your organization, while generosity is based on publicly available philanthropic screening data from DonorSearch.
There is no longer a need to scour data file after data file or cluttered lists for constituent communication history. Bloomerang’s timeline visually represents any type of interactions at both the individual and organizational levels.
Ditch the statistics books and click a few buttons to create meaningful and comprehensive reports your colleagues are asking for. Drill down to finite information and create segmented lists for your presentations, marketing, fundraising and annual planning.
Email Design & Distribution
Build and deploy marketing emails using our built-in templates, and get rich analytics on their performance.
Letters & Mailings
Design and print direct mail pieces like solicitations and acknowledgements in batches for quick fulfillment.
Website Integration – Online Giving, Event Registration & More
Our powerful website integration features allow you to track your constituents’ browsing activity on your organization’s website. You can also create and customize online giving forms, event registration forms, or volunteer and email sign-up forms straight from Bloomerang.
Connect your organization’s Twitter account for powerful social media monitoring. You can even match tweets to constituents in your database, or add new constituents who are tweeting about you.
Nightly NCOA Updates
No matter how much a donor loves your mission and impact, they are not very likely to proactively inform you that they have a new address. Addresses are automatically updated in the database, and changes are displayed in the address note.
Nightly Deceased Suppression
As part of the NCOA updates, deceased constituents are marked as Deceased in Bloomerang. Search the constituent in your NCOA Dashboard to see if there is additional information like deceased date and a link to an obituary.
Retain More Donors
Bloomerang has taken Dr. Sargeant‘s principles and used them to create a unique donor management system that guides you on the actions you should be taking to build loyalty and commitment, then gives you the tools you need to perform those crucial activities effectively and efficiently. Furthermore, we’ve designed these tools to be accessible and useful to fundraisers regardless of their level of experience.
The Ahern Audit™ runs the “You” Test and a Grade Level test to help you ensure that your letters will hit the mark every time.
The You test measures how many times you use words like “I” and “we” versus words like “you.” Ideally, you should use twice as many “you” words as “we” words. The Reading Level test measures the reading grade level of your letter. Ideally, your letter should be between a 6th and 8th grade reading level.
Find The Best Prospects
Thanks to our partnership with DonorSearch, every constituent in your Bloomerang database will have a Generosity Score that shows their philanthropic giving potential.
Not only will you be able to see how engaged a constituent is with your organization, but you’ll also be able to see if they’re currently giving at capacity.
This takes the guesswork out of finding the hidden major gift or planned giving prospects in your database.
If you have a DonorSearch subscription, you can click-through to see detailed information about how their score was calculated, including their wealth and past philanthropy. From here, you can edit information in their profile and import it back into Bloomerang, updating their score.
Know How Your Donors Feel About You
You know who your donors are.
But do you know how they feel about you?
Research from Dr. Adrian Sargeant tells us that surveying donors regularly is a key component to interpreting and improving your donor retention rates.
That’s why we’ve given Bloomerang users the ability to automatically send email surveys to donors that measure satisfaction, commitment, intimacy, and trust of your organization — all without the need for additional software.
- Unlimited Users: Have a login for your consultant, accountant, board, whoever! At no extra cost.
- Knowledgeable, US-Based Support: The team that built our technology is the same team answering the phones.
- Multiple Addresses, Phones & Emails: Not all “households” are the same. Centralize your data no matter what the makeup.
- Credit Card Processing & Refunds: Low transaction fee credit card processing via Stripe allows organizations to accept on-the-spot donations or provide instant refunds.
- Event Registration: Easily create online forms for event registration, giving your website visitors the ability to select from multiple ticket types (or sponsorship levels).
- Import: You can upload spreadsheets of Constituent and Donation data in just a few quick steps, including Interactions and Notes. And did we mention how easy it is to use?
- Integrations: Bloomerang integrates with Aplos for fund accounting, DonorSearch for wealth screening, Firespring for website content management and Qgiv for peer-to-peer.
- Canada: Yes, we’re available to you!
- Net More Dollars: Give donors the option of covering the payment processing fees during the donation process.
- Single & Recurring Donations: You collect it, we record it. Bloomerang includes powerful gift and pledge entry, as well as recurring donations.
- Search With “Fuzzy” Lookup: You can search for donors without knowing the exact spelling. Bloomerang provides you with a list of close matches.
- Unlimited Custom Fields: Different organizations have different data. Use custom fields to keep all your information in one place.
- Application Programming Interface (API): Bloomerang offers an open API to integrate with your website for FREE.
- 100% Cloud-Based: Provided by one of the most trusted web-services corporations, Amazon Cloud Services, as your Organization grows, we will be able to scale with you.
- QuickBooks: You can transfer transactions over to QuickBooks through our .IIF export feature.
- File Attachments: Attach files and add links to websites to a constituent’s timeline entries with 20GBs of free storage.
- Split Payments: Want to split one donation between your Capital Campaign and the Annual Fund? We can do that!
- Duplicate Report and Merge: We’ll notify you when we find potential duplicates, and you’ll now have a single page to review, merge, and dismiss the records we find.
Our team knows that you are concerned about donor retention, and Bloomerang wants to help your nonprofit with this problem. If you are new to fundraising software, don’t panic, Bloomerang is easy to use regardless of your technical expertise. Some nonprofits may already have data to upload into our system and that’s not a problem either. Our data conversion team is top-notch in making sure your information is migrated in the correct fashion.
So what are you waiting for?