Time will be given for a lively Q&A session.
This presentation will be recorded for future viewing.
When: Thursday, December 10th, 2015 – 1:00pm-2:00pm Eastern
Your cause is important, but how often do your supporters think about your organization? Do you have the nagging suspicion that from one quarterly newsletter to the next, they’ve forgotten about the issues you work on…and you?
Blogging may be your solution. For nonprofits, blogging is a way to deepen your relationship with your supporters while expanding your influence in the community. In this webinar, consultant Dennis Fischman, author of the Communicate! blog, will show you where to begin and how to succeed.
- Pick topics that your supporters WANT to know more about.
- Create an editorial calendar that puts your great content in front of your supporters when it’s topical for them.
- Write blog posts your supporters will actually read online.
- Incorporate stories, photos, and video into your blog.
- Promote your blog through email, social media, and the other channels you use.
- …and more!
About the presenter:
Dennis Fischman is the Chief Communicator at Communicate! Consulting and the author of The No-Nonsense Nonprofit Guide to Social Media. Passionate about social change, he left a senior management position at an anti-poverty agency to teach nonprofit organizations how to make loyal friends through communications. Communications is your “easy button.” When people know your organization, like what you do, and trust what you say, then it’s easy for you to ask them for time or money…and for them to say yes.
Dennis’s blog, Communicate!, was named one of the 40 Fundraising Blogs You Should Be Reading in 2015 by Bloomerang.