these templates are meant to be a starting point and not the final product – please feel free to edit to match your own needs, brand voice and organizational values
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary: $x to $x
As our Development Director you are responsible for all of our vital revenue streams, which allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community. You plan and organize fundraising activities, manage the development budget and assemble team members to raise the heck outta those funds.
As our designer of development strategies, you get to
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan with the goal of raising $x annually
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Report on program progress to senior management and the board
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses
As our organizer of development activities, you get to
- Maintain long-term relationships with existing donors
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Administer signature fundraising and donor stewardship events
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations
- Recruit, train, and support key volunteers to assist in advancement efforts
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to reach them
- Identify staffing needs, interview candidates, and on-board well-qualified personnel
This job might be for you if
- You have 5 years of experience in nonprofit development. You dream of transforming struggling organizations into successful ones, good ones into great ones, and you know how to actualize your aspirations.
- You are an enthusiastic leader capable of managing diverse teams to reach a common goal. Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley. You know how to make timely, effective and ethical decisions. You embody the entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
- You actively and constantly listen to all constituents, focus especially on donor needs and know how to identify mutual benefits. You communicate excellently and compel audiences through writing and speaking.
Physical prowess not required
You won’t need the endurance of a stallion, but you will have some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; lifting light pieces of equipment and materials; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends).
More Sample Job Description Templates