these templates are meant to be a starting point and not the final product – please feel free to edit to match your own needs, brand voice and organizational values
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary: $x to $x
As our Communications Coordinator, you will work alongside the Communications Director to raise public awareness of our organization through online and offline channels.
As our Communications Coordinator, you get to
- Work with the development department in aligning public relations and donor relations strategies and communications
- Identify and develop relationships with media personnel, community partners and agencies to promote our services and events
- Coordinate media requests and follow up, while serving as the secondary media contact as needed
- Write and publish website, blog and email newsletter content
- Maintain our organization’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
This job might be for you if
- You have 1-3 years of communications experience – creating and implementing strategies and developing online content. A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or PR is preferred.
- You’re a communications maven! You can crank out a press release, Facebook update or newsletter article without even trying. You’re willing to share your ideas among senior management.
- You have the ability to collaborate with several teams at once, and you have no problem managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Computers do what you say. You are confident with the office suite, website content management, email marketing and social media networks.
Physical prowess not required
You won’t need the endurance of a stallion, but you will have some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; lifting light pieces of equipment and materials; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends).
More Sample Job Description Templates