Session 1 – The Excess Wealth Conversation: Unlocking Exponential Planned Gifts from the Middle-Class Millionaire
A recent UBS Wealth Management Investor Watch Report noted that 72% of all people with assets between $1-$5 million do not consider themselves wealthy! What would it take to make these “middle-class millionaires” feel secure in their wealth, and consider and embrace philanthropy?
In this presentation, we will profile the typical middle-class millionaire; their concerns that prevent them from giving more, and the type of conversation one needs to have with them to allow them to begin to think differently about their wealth. We will then discuss how you can incorporate the Excess Wealth Conversation into your planned giving program, and how to leverage the financial professionals who serve your organization to help with these conversations
- Participants will learn why the Excess Wealth Conversation is key to connecting with their Middle Class Millionaire Donor prospect and how it is different than the traditional Organizational-Centric approach.
- They will learn how to effectively incorporate the Excess Wealth Conversation into their Planned Giving program and learn how to leverage their financial professionals who serve the organization to help with these conversations.
Session 2 – What Every Fundraiser Can Do To Stop Falling Donor Retention Rates
This session explores the Fundraising Effectiveness Project report commissioned by AFP and the Urban Institute. The dismal news in this report can and should be an eye opener for every nonprofit engaged in fundraising.
We will focus on the root causes of poor retention rates, and offer tips for improvement based on the principles of Dr. Adrian Sargeant and Tom Ahern: two world-renowned authorities on building donor loyalty. Sargeant and Ahern’s principles are based upon years of research conducted in the sector and can be used by any organization, whether you are a one-person shop or a large department. We will show examples of their principles in action. The results can be astounding when put into daily use!
- Be familiar with current research on donor retention and how an increase or decrease can impact your bottom line
- Understand how to calculate your donor retention rate
- Learn new donor communications techniques in order to improve donor loyalty and retention