Building a good relationship is sometimes very difficult. Most of the time it’s very difficult! As we just celebrated Valentine’s Day, a good relationship needs to be built, fostered, maintained, and it takes a lot of work. My wife and I just celebrated our 25th Valentine’s Day (with dating and marriage included)!
Good communication seems to be a key component in creating a healthy relationship (one that fosters loyalty and respect)! A strong relationship requires:
- Good communication: Misunderstanding happens when there is no open and honest discussion.
- Timely communication: Days of silence only make things worse.
- Appropriate communication: Raising voices or anger rarely make things better.
- Humble communication: Admitting when you are wrong and making things right goes a long way to strengthen the relationship.
- Honest communication: Telling the truth even when it will not be in your best interest leads to incredible trust.
- Silent communication: Listening to your loved one goes a LONG way!
So, are you a loyal donor to your own organization? Does your current communication create a sense of donor loyalty and donor engagement? I found the article from Bridget Brandt to be very informative on how to help build donor loyalty. By the way, loyal donors turn in to LIFE LONG donors!
img via scjn